By: Steve Pagac / Matters of Liberty Blog and Podcasts / GarrisonGrip.com
If you are thinking about using a gun for self-protection, there are important things to consider. Primarily, concealed carry is not for everyone. You need to be sure that you can take the responsibility of carrying a gun before you make the decision to do so.
If you do not see yourself being able to use it when the circumstances call for it, do not waste your time or any of the inconveniences that carrying may cause.
In this blog post, we will discuss the do's and don'ts of using a gun for self-protection. We will also talk about CCW Insurance and how it can help legally protect you.
1. When it comes to gun safety, you should always practice proper gun handling and storage. Always keep the gun unloaded until you are ready to use it for hunting, protection, or practice. Make sure that the gun is in a secure location when not in use, where it is away from children and other adults.
2. Practice shooting at a gun range regularly so you can stay up to date on your gun skills. Part of gun safety is about becoming a more accurate shooter.
You never want to make the mistake of involving an innocent bystander when engaged with a hostile so learn to be accurate.
3. The gun you choose to use for concealed carry is also important. Make sure that it fits comfortably on or around you when needed. The gun should be lightweight and easy to conceal so that it does not draw attention when carrying or become a burden to the point where you avoid carrying occasionally or rarely carry at all.
4. Choose ammunition designed specifically for self-defense, such as hollow-point rounds which will be less likely to go through the holster and harm an innocent bystander.
5. In addition, you should also consider the legalities of carrying a gun. Check with your local and state laws to ensure that you are not violating any gun regulations when carrying. Make sure that you understand the gun laws in your area and stay up to date on any changes or updates. Carrying without a permit can result in heavy fines and even jail time, so it is important to know what is legal in your area.
6. Lastly, consider investing in gun liability insurance. This type of insurance provides coverage in the unlikely event that you would need to use the gun in self-defense, and someone would try to hold you legally responsible for any injuries or damages caused by the incident. This is a litigious society. In short, liability insurance can provide financial protection and peace of mind if you are sued or held accountable for an accident.
I am in the process of interviewing top rated CCW Insurance carriers over the next weeks. Stay tuned for more information on the subject. It is one of the most important decisions that you will be making around CCW due diligence.
Garrison Grip (GarrisonGrip.com) specializes in Concealed Carry Product design, manufacture, and contract manufacturing and selling direct to the public.
Check us out if you are doing CCW or planning to do so. We make CCW a little safer, accurate and comfortable for everyone.
Get CCW License training whether you are required to or not. Remember you are the only true safety when it comes to firearms use.
Use the QR Code below to check out our exclusive line of CCW and Safety Products: